We use essential oils to scent our products because they are the perfumes nature provided. But was does ‘essential’ mean in this context?
An essential oil doesn’t mean indispensable. The term derives from the word essence, and therefore, when referring to a plant oil, means 'essence of'. Well, now we’ve cleared that up, let’s focus on citrus!
Lemons have amazing cleaning power: take a grubby microwave for example!
1. Into a microwave proof 500ml jug or bowl, pour 1x 200ml cup of cold water.
2. Cut a lemon in half, squeeze in the juice and then put the lemon in the water.
3. Place the water/lemon mixture into the microwave. Turn on full power for 3mins and then leave it for a further 5 mins.
4. Wipe down the microwave! Done.
Home-made foot scrub: get your feet ready for sandals!
So easy to make ... store cupboard ingredients are all you need:
- Handful of sugar
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Slowly add sunflower oil until you have the consistency of your choice
Rub the scrub into your heels. The sugar will act as an exfoliator, the oil will sooth and soften and the lemon will refresh and lift your spirits!
A shower to lift your spirts
Our One Shower Cream
is refreshing and uplifting. It includes both Bergamot and Pettigrain. These citrus oils are both reported to have antidepressant qualities and the ability to lift the spirits, revitalise and refresh the soul.